Following the recent Government announcement regarding school closures, we have created resources to support and encourage home learning opportunities and established plans for pupil: teacher contact during these difficult times. Below is an outline of what we have in place for the short term (up until the Easter break).
- Each teacher will make email contact every Monday to set tasks for pupils in their class via parent emails.
- Teachers will then email again on Wednesday to touch base and check in on pupils.
- Every Friday Mrs Groves will email all pupils in school.
- We ask that pupils email their teachers at least once a week to let them know what they have been doing, what tasks have been completed and if they have any questions.
- We will provide pupils with their homework books for recording any work that they do at home. In addition to this we will be sending a new home learning exercise book for your child to use.
- We expect that children will continue to read, practise spelling and times tables and, in addition, complete all tasks set.
- All pupils have access to Activelearn and hold their own logins for this.
In addition to this we have set up a series of weblinks for each Key Stage. These are presented on a 'Padlet' which can be accessed by clicking on the links below. Should the school closure continue longer term, then staff will email pupils tasks to do on specific sites and may ask for an email to share their learning. Additional weblinks will be added at a later date.
If you have any questions about any of the tasks pupils have been set please email your child's teacher or the admin team.
Without knowing how long the school closures may last we have put together some guidelines that you may find helpful in developing positive learning at home. It is important to maintain a balance of fun time, down times, family times, screen time and learning times - not an easy thing to do. A learning agreement may help to create a positive routine.
Please click here for some ideas.