School's Ethos and Values
At Wroot Travis Primary School we believe that the size of our school provides a particular opportunity for our children to experience learning and living together in a caring school family.
We value the special advantages afforded by our size but guard against complacency and insularity.
We strive to create a secure and accepting Christian environment within which each child may develop their full potential as a human being.
We aim to provide each child with a broad and balanced education and in particular:
- to enable each child to achieve his or her full potential in all aspects of the curriculum:
- to foster each child’s self esteem and to respect and care for others:
- to develop in each child a love of learning and an accumulation of skills:
- to nurture each child’s spiritual awareness and sense of awe and wonder:
- to develop in each child a positive sense of moral responsibility and self-discipline:
- to help our children to learn to live together in a multi-cultural society:
- to encourage our children to become responsible, independent people who value the world around them:
- to develop a partnership between pupils, staff, parents, Governors, the Church and the LA to achieve these aims